, PM Realty Group (PMRG), a national, full-service commercial real estate firm, today announced that its latest residential project, The Heights at Park Lane
, recently earned the LEED silver certification designation under the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED for new construction version 2.2 rating system. In awarding its Silver Certification, USGBC
is verifying that The Heights at Park Lane is being operated in a sustainable and environmentally sound manner.
The LEED green building certification program is a voluntary, consensus-based national rating system for buildings designed, constructed and operated for improved environmental and human health performance. LEED addresses all building types and emphasizes state-of-the- art strategies in five areas: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials and resources selection, and indoor environmental quality.
Green features and programs at The Heights at Park Lane include:
- Increased the potential for alternative transportation by providing bike racks and showers for residents, locating the building within ¼ mile of bus routes and within a ½ mile of the commuter rail.
- Located the building within a ½ mile walking distance to many community services.
- Placed the parking structure with 100% of the parking below the building to reduce the heat island effect.
- Reduced the amount of water needed for irrigation by 63%.
Energy & Atmosphere
- Building was designed to be 23% more efficient than required by code.
- Energy systems were commissioned to verify they were installed and operating as designed.
- Measurement & Verification plan is in place to track building efficiency.
Materials & Resources
- A building wide recycling program was implemented.
- Over 50% of construction waste was diverted from landfills.
- Products with recyclable content and available within a 500 mile radius was used when available.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- An Indoor Air Quality Management plan was implemented during construction and testing conducted prior to occupancy to verify air quality.
- Low VOC materials were used inside the building.
- A high level of thermal and lighting controls were provided to residents and staff.
- Views to the outdoor environment were provided for 92% of the regularly occupied spaces.
Innovation & Design
- Developed a public awareness program to inform residents, visitor and the community about the sustainable efforts of the project.
- Implemented an Organic Landscape Maintenance program.
"The Heights at Park Lane's progressively exceptional LEED Silver certification illustrates our commitment to responsible and efficient energy use and the broader commitment to the environmental preservation process," said Bryant Nail, senior development officer with PMRG. "We are pleased with our team's achievement and dedication to the success of The Heights at Park Lane."About The Heights at Park Lane
The Heights at Park Lane is a multi-dimensional luxury residential community encompassing The Tower, The Flats and The Lofts, each with distinctive amenities and lifestyle conveniences. Located in Midtown across from NorthPark Center on Park Lane and North Central Expressway, The Heights at Park Lane represents a distinct urban environment convenient to downtown, the Park Cities and the North Dallas Business Corridor. The Heights at Park Lane is the latest in a string of new projects for PM Realty Group. www.theheightsatparklane.com
About PM Realty Group
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, PM Realty Group (PMRG) is one of the nation’s leading real estate companies focusing on comprehensive property services, development and acquisitions. With a strategic presence in 30 markets, PMRG provides the highest quality services to its clients and investors. PMRG’s clients and investors include large financial institutions, advisors and high net worth individuals. By capitalizing on the team’s experience and expertise, PMRG has the ability to undertake large and challenging management, leasing, development and acquisition projects.
PMRG’s portfolio, including projects managed for third parties, includes commercial office buildings, mixed-use centers, corporate headquarters, industrial buildings, medical facilities, high-rise multifamily buildings and re-appropriated military facilities.
Our goal is to generate exceptional returns for our clients and investors by focusing on real estate fundamentals. For additional information, visit www.pmrg.com