- Pacific Guardian Center ("PGC") announced today that it has been awarded the prestigious LEED-EBOM Silver Certification by the United States Green Building Council
"Pacific Guardian Center is pleased to accept USGBC's LEED Silver Certification in recognition of our sustainability efforts." said PGC Asset Manager, H. Brian Moore, Senior Vice President, Pacific Guardian Life Insurance Company. "Through this achievement, we have demonstrated our commitment to environmental stewardship, while also lowering operating costs for our valued tenants."
Lisa D'Andrea, General Manager for PM Realty Group who manages the property, also recognized the contribution of Hawaiian Building Maintenance and the entire PGC "Green" Team in the successful pursuit of LEED Certification. "This achievement would not have been possible without their hard work and dedication to making this happen."
LEED ("Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design") for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance (LEED-EBOM) identifies and rewards current best practices and provides an outline for buildings to use less energy, water and natural resources; and improve the indoor environment. Pacific Guardian Center implemented many green actions to achieve Silver Certification, including:
- Achieved a perfect Energy Star Score of 100 out of a possible 100 points. This means Pacific Guardian Center performs within the top 1% of similar buildings nationwide.
- Implemented a Green Cleaning Policy and achieved an 80% compliant green cleaning product purchasing rate and confirmed that 76% of its janitorial equipment meets sustainability criteria.
- Implemented water efficiency measures that are expected to reduce water consumption at the property by 1,090,000 gallons annually. This is enough water to fill 1.7 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- Diverted 100% of the property's electronic equipment solid waste from the local landfill and achieved a 26% overall recycling rate as part of a comprehensive waste management program.
- Demonstrated a 30% reduction in conventional commuting trips (i.e. 1 person per vehicle) with Tenants using alternative forms of transportation.
- Documented that 69% of all individual workstations and 74% of all shared multi-occupant spaces contain individual lighting controls that enable adjustments to suit task needs, and documented that 70% of all regularly occupied spaces provide a direct line of sight to exterior views.
"Pacific Guardian Center's LEED certification demonstrates tremendous green building leadership," said Rick Fedrizzi, President, CEO & Founding Chair, U.S. Green Building Council. "The urgency of USGBC's mission has challenged the industry to move faster and reach further than ever before, and Pacific Guardian Center serves as a prime example with just how much we can accomplish."
About PM Realty Group
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, PM Realty Group (PMRG) is one of the nation’s leading real estate companies focusing on comprehensive property services, development and acquisitions. With a strategic presence in 30 markets, PMRG provides the highest quality services to its clients and investors. PMRG’s clients and investors include large financial institutions, advisors and high net worth individuals. By capitalizing on the team’s experience and expertise, PMRG has the ability to undertake large and challenging management, leasing, development and acquisition projects.
PMRG’s portfolio, including projects managed for third parties, includes commercial office buildings, mixed-use centers, corporate headquarters, industrial buildings, medical facilities, high-rise multifamily buildings and re-appropriated military facilities.
Our goal is to generate exceptional returns for our clients and investors by focusing on real estate fundamentals. For additional information, visit www.pmrg.com