Houston, TX - PMRG, a nationally recognized, full-service commercial real estate firm, and its partner National Real Estate Advisors, today announced that its latest residential high-rise project, 2929 Weslayan, has received Gold level certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC’s) LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) green building program.
“We are proud to have USGBC’s stamp of approval on this building,” said Bryant Nail, PMRG’s Executive Vice President of Multi-family Development. “Being environmentally responsible, and going beyond the required regulations, is increasingly important to our community as well as PMRG. 2929 Weslayan exemplifies our ongoing efforts to remain at the cutting edge of development.”
Jeffrey Kanne, National’s President and CEO, said: “This certification speaks to National’s commitment to meet the highest standards in sustainability and leading edge design. Achieving these objectives makes our projects more competitive, meets market demand, and helps realize better performance for our investment clients.”
The 40-story, 254-unit high-rise is located in Houston’s urban core adjacent to Highland Village and River Oaks at the intersection of Weslayan and West Alabama. Designed by Dallas-based RTKL Associates, 2929 Weslayan offers ‘for rent’ luxury apartments with direct elevator access to select units. The property is home to Roka Akor Japanese Steak, Sushi, and Seafood Restaurant, and features wireless home automation technology, gas kitchens in all homes, and an indoor dog run. The eighth-floor amenity deck includes a grotto pool with resort style cabanas, a skyline lounge with a professional chef’s kitchen and private dining room, a fitness center and refreshment bar, and a grilling station and fire pit. 2929 Weslayan provides residents with panoramic views from spacious balconies and incorporates exquisite finishes and stunning architecture.
LEED certification for 2929 Weslayan was achieved by meeting standards established for high performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: energy efficiency, water savings, materials selection, sustainable site development, and indoor environmental quality. Sustainable building achievements include:
· 26.41% more energy-efficient than code requires
· 38.35% water use reduction for flush and flow plumbing fixtures
· Offers access to bus lines 82 and 84
· Reduces water usage for irrigation by 57.22%
· Utilized construction materials containing 15.47% recycled content
· Is constructed with 31.9% of materials manufactured and harvested, extracted, or reclaimed within 500 miles of the site, reducing vehicle emissions
· Diverted 98.55% of construction waste from landfills for future use
· Utilizes carpet products that meet Green Label Plus standards
· Utilized hard surface flooring products that meet FloorScore standards
· Utilizes wood productions manufactured with no added urea-formaldehyde
· Utilizes low emitting materials such as paint, adhesives and sealants throughout
· Provides controllability of Indoor Air Quality systems, allowing residents greater access to adjust lighting and HVAC usage
· Offers views outside the building through 96.68% of regularly occupied spaces
About National Real Estate Advisors
National Real Estate Advisors has $2.6 billion in net assets under management invested in commercial and multifamily real estate valued at $7.6 billion (as of 12/31/15).Through its open-end fund and separate account for pension fund clients, the company invests in major U.S. urban markets, using a build-to-core strategy in large-scale development and redevelopment projects. National builds investment portfolios of stabilized modern property assets—apartment, office, mixed-use, industrial, data centers and hotels—with design features, technological enhancements, and amenities that can drive high tenant demand and create value over time. Utilizing its wholly-owned affiliate, National Real Estate Development LLC, the company also directly develops major projects for client accounts and partners. The firm is a subsidiary of the National Electrical Benefit Fund. For more information visit, www.natadvisors.com.